Advertisement

Scripts

Biyernes, Abril 4, 2014

Is Your Business Writing Holding You Back?



"I'm talking to you instead of drowning my sorrows in a pint of Chunky Monkey ice cream," said Tanya on the phone.

"That's a great flavor!" I said. "Which sorrows are you trying to drown?”

"I was so close on a great job," Tanya groaned. "I had two interviews. After the second one the recruiter said 'They love you! You're a finalist.' She said they’d want a writing sample. Someone in HR sent me an email message with the writing sample requirements in it

I wrote the sample last night and sent it back to them. I thought it would be fine. Then I got a no-thank-you letter this morning. The headhunter just called me and said 'They said they loved you, but it's a position with a lot of writing in it.' I'm devastated."

"I'm so sorry, Tanya!" I said. "Do you want a job with lots of writing in it?"

"I'd kill for one," she replied. "I'm sure I didn't make any spelling or grammatical errors in my sample. What else could they have been looking for?"

Business is changing fast -- faster than I've seen it change in thirty years. Business writing is changing, too.

Like  Comment  Share  Tweet

                                                                                                                  Read  More  >>>>>>>>>>>


Stuck for words: 5 things not to say when a person is grieving.


Grief can happen at the least expected moments, it might be a teenager who has had his or her young heart broken, it might be someone who has just been diagnosed with a life threatening illness, someone who has lost an animal companion, someone going through a divorce – or who is grieving the death of a loved one.

Grief can take place anywhere, anytime and suddenly. We can be going along our merry way then suddenly something happens and our world is taken from us. Most people have no idea what to say or how to support someone in grief. We slip into general statements such as “Time will heal,” when right in that moment time may seem like a strange notion for the person grieving.

When my sisters’ husband died suddenly at the age of 38, and she was left to raise her 2, 4, 6 and 8 year old children on her own; she confided in me a few weeks after his passing “People miss him terribly and they try to say the right thing – but actually all they talk about is how sad they are – I find myself supporting them in
their grief rather than the other way around.”

Like   Comment   Share   Tweet

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Continue Reading <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<



How To make Email Newsletters Awesome


Just recently, I have received some really bad and I mean really bad email newsletters from people and companies that I subscribe to and because some have been shockingly bad, I thought it would be a good time to give some pointers if you are not absolutely happy with your own.

We all work very hard creating email lists because as a marketing tool, they still really work and as long as you have the subscribers' permission, you own the list. Compare that to gaining huge amounts of fans and followers that you really don’t own if the platforms ever died, so always grow the two together

Like   Comment  Share  Tweet

                                                                                      Continue Reading  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>



<<<<<<<<<YOU MAY ALSO READ>>>>>>>>

The Easiest Way to See if You're Spending Your Time Right

One Surprising Secret of Highly Productive People

WEBSITE BUILDING HOW TO

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento